Are you wondering how to protect yourself from online scams? You are not alone. There are so many people falling for online scams each and every day. What are online scams? These are seemingly attractive, easy online ventures which promise you to make millions in an unrealistically short time. This article will teach you how to protect yourself from internet scams like these.
1. Nothing comes easy
The main principle behind any scam is the fact that there are people desperate for money. Other scams such as the online dating scams look for people desperate for relationships. Both the scammers and the ones being scammed fall into this desperation bracket. No matter how much you need cash, remember that there is nothing that comes easy. Unless you inherit from a rich parent or get a huge gift from a friend or relative, there is absolutely no way of making millions overnight as a newbie. Anything that promises you this online is definitely an online scam. Some of the common false promises that you will encounter include:
- Make $1 million in 2 weeks (or another unrealistic time) from scratch
- Buy software that will generate $100 (or a significant amount) a day: There is no such software, otherwise everyone would have bought it and quit working.
- Get $10,000 a month working 2 minutes a day: You need to work hard to earn well. It is possible to work 2 minutes a day and earn, but only after working hard for months or even years to build a credible system. In fact when you work hard enough, you’ll get to a level of residual income where you may even earn without working daily.
2. Always check for reviews
With the advent of social networks, discussion forums and blogs, it is easy for people to share information about anything suspicious. Therefore, whenever you come across some new “opportunity” of making millions, do these two things before trying it out.
- Go to your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing e.t.c.)
- Type the name of the program plus the word “review” or “scam”. For example, if you want to check out some program known as FreeFastMoney, type “FreeFastMoney review” or “FreeFastMoney scam” on the search box. Check out the first 5 or 10 results. If you don’t find any clear, positive information then it is most likely a scam.
3. Choose what works
There is a difference between online scams and products which don’t make money. When checking the reviews above, you’ll realize that there are some legit online systems which have bad reviews. Do not go for these and expect to make money online. Instead, go for those which have been proven to be stable and profitable.
4. Passion and patience
Making money online is fun. You can do your jobs from home or anywhere and earn, you don’t need to have employees and most opportunities don’t even require you to have a huge startup capital. Therefore, for you to protect yourself from make money online scams, create an attitude inside you stating that anything good will need passion, patience and hard work. If you have not been successful in online business, there are high chances that you have been searching for the wrong things.
Shift the focus from making easy and fast money and start to look for things that you really love and have a passion for. For example, if you are a great writer and have a passion for writing, look for the best writing opportunities. The fact that you have a passion will drive you to great heights. Always keep aiming high, therefore don’t get stuck doing freelance writing, create your own traffic getting blogs, good affiliate marketing opportunities and join revenue sharing sites among other ideas. Don’t fall for fake online scams promising you some “copy-paste” millions.
The best online stuff takes patience. Joining a program like Chris Farrell Membership will help you to earn $250 a day on most days. For you to get there, you will have to spend a lot of time checking out his videos, implementing his ideas, working on driving traffic to your site among other things. Finally, you’ll create your own personalized methods based on what you’ve learnt. Therefore, the set-up itself may take anything from a month to six months or even more. After that you can earn $250 or even more a day if you do everything right. Being patient will get your mindset out of the get-rich-quick schemes and instead focus on things which may take some time and energy to set up, but will get you higher returns.
There are so many people right now being conned off their hard-earned cash. Therefore, always tread carefully and follow the tips above so as to protect yourself from scams.
Kindly contact me if you hear of any scams so that I can spread the word out there. You never know, you may save many people from loosing their hard earned cash.
- How To Effectively Avoid Make Money Online Scams (ruralstops.blogspot.com)