So where do you start being a Kenyan freelance writer? Well, there are so many options for you. I will tell you the ones which have worked for me. First of all we’ll look at the site from where you will get work fast. It will encourage you as a new Kenyan freelance writer. For more details on freelancing writing in Kenya, click here to check out this other post.
For a long time I was wondering whether there is a legit online business but most guys kept saying its a scam. Well, it isn’t. I quit most of what I was doing for an online business. I started at Freelancer.com and later did an affiliate marketing course which has really helped me make it online.
Why am I putting this name here? This is a name that I would get on my inbox from spam mails telling me that she makes a lot of money online. I have done a lot of research on her and the system and what I can advise you is to stay away from such.
Tips to Success
For more thorough details on freelance writing, check out the link above. For starters, you can start with Freelancer or any of the other sites in that link. Here you can use the following tips to success:
1. Create a good profile. Make sure you really sell the services that you offer.
2. Write an article. This must be original content. The most famous topics to write about are health, money and relationships. Make sure if you rewrite you don’t repeat 5 words in a row otherwise Copyscape Premium will detect it and no client will employ you. Make sure that this article has top notch content so that you can be using it as your sample.
3. Bid for jobs. Make sure you attach the sample.
4. Satisfy the clients. You may start with $0.75 or $1 jobs but do your best with these clients. When you finish the projects and get good reviews you can easily get other better-paying employers. When you get to 6 reviews and above, the employers will be looking for you. The problem is that in this site, it is hard to get any jobs that pay more than $2 per 500 words. This is extremely cheap compared to industry standards.
5. Go long term. Some clients will ask you to go long-term. It is good to take this option when they are paying well and in good time.
6. Look for other online options. One of the best ways of making money online is through affiliate marketing. You can send me an email using my email address here for more information on affiliate marketing. This is where most internet millionaires get their money from.
As earlier stated, there are many other sites which can help you make money online as a Kenyan freelance writer. My recommendation is you start with Freelancer.com, learn the ropes and move to better and higher paying sites.