I am here looking at this certificate and smiling. I recently completed the CIMP course at Computer Pride. CIMP simply stands for Certified Internet Marketing Practitioner. As I write this there are only 3 certified practitioners in Kenya. Join this course soon and you may be among the first few! Simply download the form below, fill it and send it to me at email@example.com and I’ll make sure you’re sorted real quick.
Yeah, you will then be able to show your mom a certificate so that she can see that online work is serious.
It is not just about the certificate. You will also be able to implement the actionable skills that will help you to build an online empire.
I heard about this course a few months back and thought I must get to it at some point. However, this has been a tight year for me financially. I sadly (so sadly) lost my lovely wife in February and was personally very sick in April so I promised myself I’ll do it later.
However, as a blogger on this niche, I was proudly sponsored to do the course, which was one of the best things for me this year.
So, why do you need this internet marketing training? What does it entail? How much does it cost?
What is CIMP?
CIMP = Certified Internet Marketing Practitioner.
It is simply a program that can help you learn different ways of marketing online. It will help you create a profitable internet business or to be able to use the internet to market your offline business.
Some of the concepts you will learn include:
- Lead generation
- Marketing automation
- Web analytics
- Search engine optimization
- Search engine marketing
- Social media marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Video marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Affiliate marketing
Below is a video that will show you more of what this is about.
What internet marketing skills will you acquire?
After the training, you will be able to acquire the skills below:
- Effective communications skills – Learn how to communicate with customers online to generate leads and revenue
- Business strategies to suit your industry – Learn how you can create web property and proper marketing for your specific business and interests
- Proper tracking of your marketing campaigns – Learn how to measure the success or failure of your marketing methods
- Increased product awareness – Be visible all over and be seen by the right eyeballs
- Mobile marketing techniques – Everything is going mobile; see how you can capitalize on that
- New ways of making money online – There are websites making millions online; learn how to create successful online businesses
- Skills to increase your search engine rankings – Make your websites and blogs more visible on Google and other search engines
Who is it for?
CIMP is great for anyone who wants to take up internet marketing as a career or to use internet marketing to increase their profits.
Some of the people who this training is recommended for include:
- Freelancers who want better ways to source for clients and market for their online services. Note that it pays more to market yourself as a brand than as a worker in an online work platform.
- Managers of different firms dealing with online marketing such as e-commerce, web-design, sales teams and general management.
- Finance managers who want to increase profitability of their companies
- Businesses and entrepreneurs who want to make the most out of their marketing budget
Duration of the course
The course goes for 5 days. It is not done online at time of writing this post, so you need to avail yourself to Computer Pride at ICEA Building, 1st Floor to take the training.
It goes from 9am to 5pm. Yes, this was hard for me too as a freelancer who loves working at night but I hacked it. You can too!
Yes, there is an exam. It has 100 questions and the allocated time is 4 hours though you will probably finish in a shorter time. The pass mark for the exam is 70%. At the time of writing this I haven’t yet done the exam so I only have the certificate of completion. You can do it at your own time after the course so that you can be a certified CIMP.
The price for this course is Sh. 65,000, inclusive of the exam fee.
This is a training that goes on all over the world and was designed by the EC Council.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be an internet marketing expert in Kenya and beyond. The current local trainer, Alex Maina is one of my mentors and worth his salt in the internet scene. The training is brief, to the point and very actionable. Do you want to be a certified internet marketing practitioner? Click on the button below, download the form, fill it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will then forward it to the relevant Computer Pride party. You won’t regret the decision you’ll have made!